Highlights and key figures of the EDM CAE Forum as well as a summary of the visitor feedback have been listed here.
Innovations of the event
The concept of the EDM CAE Forum has been adapted in the following issues:
- New presentation concept with 90 instead of 60 minutes per presentation row. This means longer breaks and therefore more time for networking among each other and with the exhibitors.
- The new exhibition structure with a sorting of the companies not only on the base of the thematic areas allows a complete presentation of their portfolio at one station.
- A nearly free choice of topic for the partner companies regarding their presentation content and exhibition topics helped to get a significant refreshing.
- For the first time a platform for startup companies and universities has been offered. Therefore nine short presentations and exhibitions introduced innovations and new ideas at first hand.
- A new Internet platform for visitors. Registration, information, downloads and more at one central location up-to-date for PC, tablet and mobile phone.
- Registration of effective present participants via QR code scan at the entrance.
- Elimination of catering vouchers.
For the first time effective present participants have been registered via QR code scan at the entrance. From 5227 announced persons in total, 4211 participated personally in the event.
Participants from 34 countries
We were able to welcome participants from:
Argentina, Austria, Brazil, Canada, China, Croatia, Czech Republic, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Hungary, India, Israel, Italy, Japan, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Mexico, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Rumania, Russia, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Turkey and USA.
The keynote of Daimler CIO Jan Brecht opened the EDM CAE Forum on Wednesday. Then the costumers of the event Dr. Siegmar Haasis, Markus Maier und Prof. Dr.-Ing. Rodolfo Schöneburg tuned up the participates in the EDM CAE Forum 2017 and gave also a strategic focus of their business divisions.
Volker Mornhinweg, leader of the division VAN closed the presentation program of the EDM CAE Forum at the second day and gave once more an exciting outlook for the future of the transport segment.
100 presentations in ten parallel sessions have been offered allocated to both days, thereof 44 presentations of Daimler, 53 presentations of exhibiting suppliers as well as 3 presentation slots (à 3 companies) of startup companies.
The exhibition was fully booked with its 234 exhibition sites. Next to the Daimler exhibition with 50 sites, 86 companies presented their products and solutions at 184 exhibition sites.
All photos are available at the photo gallery.
It is not easy to choose only some special highlights out of this wealth of contributions without passing over other. So we would like to only highlight here these two topics, which have been also a challenge with its requirements for the project team.
A collaborative presentation of the divisions Mercedes-Benz Cars, Vans and Daimler Trucks of Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality within live demonstrations. Most outstanding: the development of the VR technology for the practical application with new applications of vehicle development.
Here Daimler presented the future. High precision and exact planning of all suppliers was necessary for the placing of this vehicle at its exhibition site. The effect was worth the effort and has been confirmed with lively interest.
Feedback from participants and exhibitors
Thanks to all visitors and exhibitors, which gave us feedback on the event.
We would like to highlight that the changes regarding presentation program and therefor more time for exhibition and networking as well as the elimination of the catering vouchers have been well received. The desired positive effect has been confirmed and will surely also flow into the concept of following events.
We also would like to thank you for the good score, the valuable suggestions for the future and are glad for your interest of being part of the event in 2019.
A detailed evaluation of the feedback is available here.